‘Staff, Children and Families working together to
develop an enjoyable, exciting and engaging learning
Why send your child to Port Pirie Community Kindergarten?
- We have friendly, caring staff that ensures each child feels safe and secure at our kindergarten.
- All staff members are approachable and willing to listen to your concerns and/or discuss your child's development.
- We have definite routines, which help your child adjust to kindergarten and school.
- We are continually observing your child, programming for their individual needs and recording their achievements e.g. through photos, busy books, displays and a monitoring "quilt" based on the Belonging, Being and Becoming Curriculum. A more comprehensive report is prepared in their final term of kindergarten.
- We continue to build on our priorities i.e. to increase children's thinking skills, numeracy skills, wellbeing and oral language skills whilst focusing on social skill development.